Convert a ProTool project to WinCC

vlad.colesnic

Hello everyone,

I have just installed the WinCC flexible 2005 together with SP1 and hotfix so I have never used it before. The project that i would like to run on the op is the one that i already have, written with ProTool. Is there anyway of converting the Protool project to WinCC as the two developing environments looks almost the same (regarding structure) at the first glance ??

Thank you in advance
Vlad

In the primary menu, you can chose to "open a Protool project". When you do that a Migration tool will automatically start.

By the way, please call it by the full name or "Flexible" if you need to cut it short. It p....s me so off when people call it only "WinCC" which it is NOT.

JesperMP said:
By the way, please call it by the full name or "Flexible" if you need to cut it short. It p....s me so off when people call it only "WinCC" which it is NOT.

In a year or two ( or four , five ) you can call WinCC ,WinCC flex Pro ( or something like that ) maybe they will call PCS7 ,PCS7 flex...now wouldn't that be something .

Jokes aside Could WinCC flex ( build on Dot.Net ) evolve to a WinCC without having a monster PC ,Many giga memory etc?

Eric

I know that to rectify the size and speed problems with WinCC Flex is top priority for Siemens developers.
But I doubt that there will be a revolutionary increase in speed or reduction in size. Personally I think that the problem lies partially with .Net and partially with that it uses SQL as some kind of working memory (not sure but I think so).
More likely they will be saved by the continuing increase in PC performance.