CLX tags over CNet

pcgray468

Hello again. I have asked a similar question before, but I may (and probably still) have worded it incorrectly. But....

I have worked with SLC and PLC5 that communicated to RSView on DH+, but I currently need to setup a CLX L61 v.16 for status and alarm annunciation of High Voltage breakers. This processor will be in slot (0) of a 10 slot chassis with a 1756-CN2 (node 10) and five (5) 1756-IH16I modules. Node 1 on the CNet is an operator's workstation running a HMI (I can only assume RSView).

I may be making this harder than it is, but do I need any MSG instructions to send the required tag values across the CNet. I have read about Produced/Consumed Tags, but I was wondering if I could just reference the tags (Base or alias) directly from the HMI. In SLC and PLC5 I could directly reference tags, but is this possible with the combination of CLX and CNET?

Thanks for any help.

I thought I was making this harder than it was. Thanks alot. I have already created alias tags for all the points I need, but I guess I really did not have to do this.

Thanks again

You're welcome. Your HMI can read either the base or alias tags. Setting up the communications in RSView32 is a little different (needs an OPC Node), but beyond that, there isn't really any difference.

OG