Two modbus master PLC vs HMI

obsolute

I have a Schneider M340 PLC with a modbus processor BMXP342000 and a ethernet NOE110 card. The modbus port is used as Master to communicate with several modbus slave drives and softstarts. My ethernet NOE110 is used to communicate with several schneider OTB's deported IO with IO scanning. Now I have a GEfanuc Quickpanel HMI that I need to hook up to this equipment. Since the HMI is master can I communicate between the quickpanel and the ethernet NOE110 passing through a schneider 174 cev 300 10 bridge?

Yes that will work. It is only modbus serial that can have only a single master, that restriction does not apply to the ethernet port

Similar Topics

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has tackled an issue similar to this before: creating a redundant master on Modbus so I can have a redundant...
Replies
Views
I'm using a Automationdirect CLick PLC (c0-02dd2-d). It has 2 RJ12 ports and 1 designated RS485 (we will call this port 3) port. My thought...
Replies
Views
I have downloaded Modbus Poll software ,so I can siulate SERVER and client. In my example Server is PC with IP - 192.168.0.17 SLAVe is PLC...
Replies
Views
We are looking into purchasing a modicon momentum PLC that will control a slave using Modbus TCP over Ethernet. We would like to also export...
Replies
Views
I would like to know what data structures (MODBUS RTU protocol) do the popular Masters such as PLCs or SCADA support. We intend to decide a slave...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom