zero speed switch

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does any one know of and have experience with a zero-speed switch? What is the most recommended brand and what would you advise? Customer is requiring that it is CSA approved.

Functional or safety? I've used a few Pilz standstill monitors on safety applications with good results, but it all depends on the application.

it is only for status, no safety functions, but the setup is required to be CSA approved

Siemens has the old Milltronics zero speed switch which was designed for mining, rugged as all get-out (with a fairly large 'footprint').

https://tinyurl.com/ybsvspue

I think it had a relay that changed state at zero speed, but my last exposure was 20 years ago.

Zero Speed Switch

Red Lion makes a good one, din rail mounted, reasonably priced and cURus and CE rated Mfr. Part#: IFMR0066