1756-RM/B, Redundancy System Configuration problem

minaykha

Hi,

Currently, I am configuring Redundancy system in one of my project and facing with a problem ( Secondary Module always show DISQ and can’t synchronize with Primary PLC ).

Following are products and versions which I am using in our system.

PLC : 1756-L75 ,

RsLogix 5000 : Rev 21

RsLinx Classic : Rev 3.7

Redundancy Module : 1756-RM/B.

Please refer to attachment pictures for more details of redundancy modules.

I go trough manual and found that I should have RMCT ( Redundancy Module Configuration Tool ) to configure the redundancy module.(Please refer to pix, Manual_RMCT)

But, when I follow the manual , open Rslinx and right click on the module, there is no "Configuration module" , that is why I can't configure the module.

Could anyone please advise how can I get RMCT and its features ?

Thank you,
Min.

1756-RM_A.jpg 1756-RM_B.jpg Manual_RMCT.JPG

minaykha,

If you are using a L75 with the firmware of v21 you cannot use redundancy. The ability to use redundancy ends at v20 on the Allen-Bradley PLCs. Download the Firmware Redundacy kit v20.54 or v20.55 (see the end of my post for a link) either of these downloads should give you all the applicable firmwares that you will need for the processors, redundancy cards, ethernet card etc.

http://compatibility.rockwellautoma...oad.aspx?famID=2&keyword=Controller&crumb=112

Hope this helps.

-Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Thank and appreciate your respond and info.

I just want to share my experience,
I unchecked "Unicast Connection option" under connection tab in MNET module properties dialogue box.After that, my primary and secondary can synchronize. :)