Panel builder help needed

stu

Hi guys
I have a question to see if it is possible to display a cycle timer slide display on a panel view screen ?

I have a machine that we would like to capture the time it takes for a Press to pre press a product then press the product to a set time (which is the cycle time)
And display this on a panel view screen ?
Our thoughts is to have a slide gauge displaying seconds of a cycle
Do you think this can be done thanks Stu

Does your machine already have a HMI installed on a control panel.

The short answer is yes, you can. An quite easily.

Hi rob yeah it’s an exciting machine
I have captured a cycle using a timer in rslogix 500, but thinking a slide display work ??

Here is the ladder that I am trying to get to work and then display the time ? What’s your thoughts any ideas , I appreciate your help thanks

BD6D3203-3C70-40A1-88AB-9C5CEFE17276.jpg

I notice you reset the RTO when the cycle has completed.

Personally I would use 2 RTO's.

On the first cycle move the .acc into a store area. Use this to be viewed on screen. Then you can reset that RTO.

Use the second RTO to start timing as soon as the first stops so you have no latency in timing. Move that into a storage area once complete.

Rinse and repeat.

Hi can you show me so I can visualise it , I think I see what you mean, I will have a look at this at work tomorrow. Thanks for your help stu

Hi Rob
What was your idea in moving to a storage area ? I’m new to this sort of thing?
Thanks stu
Have a great xmas guys all the best