can not turn on the motor with PLC

Yes that would make sense. That's a relay of some sort, it looks like all the contacts are labled Normally Open, with an R1 and R2? Your EStop will certainly need to be in a safe state for your motor to run if the machine was designed properly.

Personally,

I would break the code up in to these routines.
Input
Motor
Output

I don't like mapping IO around in the actual code. Then you should be able to see if the code is actually trying to turn the output on or if the code isn't working.

Why would you put 1 line of code into 3 routines? Its a simple start / stop circuit.

As others have said, check the OP Card voltage matches that of the contactor. Also check the contactor A2 is grounded.

So that's just a straight through 4 pole contact. If your EStop is in a safe state (energized), then all 4 contacts close and allow current through them. When you toggle the switch on the front to 1, it forces all four of the contacts closed, which is why your motor would start when the PLC told it to even though the EStop was in a fault state if I understand you correctly. If you leave it in a state of 0, the EStop must be in a safe state for the internal circuits to allow continuity from your PLC to the motor starter.

Last edited:
Why would you put 1 line of code into 3 routines? Its a simple start / stop circuit.

As others have said, check the OP Card voltage matches that of the contactor. Also check the contactor A2 is grounded.

Good practice, also he could confirm the output is actually trying to come on but the actual output isn't coming on.

Just makes trouble shooting easier, and he could also force the output on with a little work and see if the motor starts or not.

Lots of ways to skin the cat. (Also, I usually see test programs get mashed into real programs and I don't like seeing IO randomly dabbled around the code.)

I think my NC estop energizing this device? i guess? Because there is label on this device CR60044 AND in my electrical diagram, e-stop energized this coil

From this, I take it to mean his prints are telling him that the EStop is what breaks supply for 600440. If that's the case, I would expect his PLC output to be wired into one of the top 4 NO contacts, with the bottom contact in the same position going to his motor starter... But we'll have to wait for him to respond again to clarify.

Also, I usually see test programs get mashed into real programs and I don't like seeing IO randomly dabbled around the code.

Agreed. We always had a saying in soccer. "Practice how you play." You get more out of practice (small programs) if you arrange them exactly how you would with the larger ones in my opinion.

Thank you so much everyone and I understand I haven't provided enough information or I didn't understand enough to explain to you guys but I am going to try my best to explain and what I assume or understood.

I wrote a PLC code to turn on the motor when I press the start button on control panel.
Here is the link to my PLC code below

https://imgur.com/a/xyS2u

This is very basic start-stop motor circuit by PLC and it should work because I can watch the bit in RSLOGIX 5000

But this code doesn't turn on my actual motor even though my code writes 1 to OTE bit of PLC code. When I press the start button, my output card LED turn ON but when I check voltage on that output card, it is 0 V.

Which mean if my output card is 0 V, there is no way my PLC code will energize the contactor right?

First thing I need to do is get 24 V on my output card. Why I am not getting voltage at output card because of Control Relay or safety Relay which is energized by NC E stop and output of CR goes to output card of my PLC.

https://imgur.com/a/kc8Eq

Here is the electrical diagram of E-stop and CR

https://imgur.com/a/WQqbX

Righ now, CR is at 0 which means Estop is pressed

https://ibb.co/nr2Okb

and when I manually push that spring loaded node of Control relay, my code work and I can see my motor turn ON.

NOTE: My Estop is spring loaded, when I pressed it, it comes back which means this hard wire Estop wont work I guess because it come back after I release and It does't turn off power too because there is power indicator light on panel power button

Here is the information of my Compact logix with Input/output card

https://imgur.com/a/8DMAq

Please let me know what do you guys think and thank you so much again for valuable feedback, I really appreciate

Thank

Last edited:
Backing up one level at the control card. Do you have 24VDC feeding the card? If not then the issue is with the estop.

Control Card? Do you mean Control relay right? 24 DC is going to Estop and then estop energize that control relay. I think because of spring-loaded Estop, my Estop is always open which de-energized the control relay and I get 0 V on output card and can't turn on the motor with output card controlling by PLC code.

But when I energize the Control relay manually with a screwdriver, My PLC code works which means I get 24 v on output card.

https://ibb.co/nr2Okb here is the pic of control relay and I push that spring loaded kind of switch to 1 and it makes my motor ON.

Thanks

check for 24vdc at 600231, 600251. This is powering the PLC cards. If you don't have power to those , the problem is with the estop wiring or maybe a fuse for those as shown at 600230 ,600250.

Last edited: