SAIA-Burgess PCA

Bob Jones

Howdy Folks! This is my first posting... Does anybody know where I can find a copy of the PCA Assembler for an old Saia PCA PLC? The PCA preceded the SAIA-Burgess PCD. The assembler is a collection of DOS programs that total about 1M in size.

The Saia PCA, by the way, has been running a Schneider KS-Master restacker just fine for over 20 years!

Take care,
Bob :)

Hi Bob

I don't think there are many SAIA users among the lurkers here, so I would be surprised if any here had the software.

Neither do I since the the company I work at, throw the software in the bin some year ago...
In fact, only one of my older colleaques support PCA at some degree, and he prefere the old HW programming tool. A hardware box at the same size as a PC cabinet....

I checked the support page, but there was only PCA documentation/manuals and not the PCA software
http://www.sbc-support.ch/pca/pca.htm

There is an unofficial PCD forum in Germany: http://www.pcd-forum.de/ E.g. in "Forum-Taverne" there is a PCA post.
It is in german, but there are also english questions that get answers in english.

I see that your location is in Ohio. You know of course that SAIA-Burgess headquarters in North America, is located in Vandalia, Ohio?

The Saia PCA, by the way, has been running a Schneider KS-Master restacker just fine for over 20 years!

As you probably know, Switzerland is also known for their clock's that also run for years...

When we replace PCA with PCD series, it's not because HW errors, but because of our PCA software support...

regards

Hi Kalle,

Thank you kindly for your reply. I checked the Saia-Burgess support site you mentioned and it was great! I never expected to find those old manuals online. Kudos to Saia-Burgess! Also, I called the group in Vandalia and they have been very attentive. Unfortunately, they no longer have PCA expertise in house, either. But they are trying to locate the assembler and the interface cable for me.

And thanks for the German forum link. I'll check that out next. As far as the hand-held hardware programming device goes, I would gladly borrow or rent it from somebody, if anybody has one :cool:

Regards,
Bob

Hi Bob

Glad to could do some help

In my 3 years time lurking in this (and the old) forum, this was the first SAIA question I have seen.
Only a pity it was about PCA.....

Good luck

regards

Karl Egil Liaset

BTW, saw you already had a reply on "Forum-Taverne"

Hi Karl,

Thanks very much for telling me about the response in Forum - Taverne. That forum didn't appear to have an option for email notification, as this forum does. Luckily, your notification serves just as well!

If I find a way to suck the program out of the controller, my boss will probably approve an upgrade to an SLC 5/03. It looks like it hinges on whether or not I can find the cable, PCA2.K43, which of course, is a non-standard birectional printer port cable. Saia-Burgess has not found one, but is looking for me... great folks there! I got the pinout off the Saia-Burgess support site, but their parts folks tell me that there are some electronics in the cable housing that is required as well.

Regards,
Bob

PCA Assembler

Hi Bob,

Were you able to find the PCA Assembler? I am looking for it, too. I want to program a SAIA PCA to handle Modbus commands.

- Chetan Premani
Chandigarh, India

SAIA PCA2.32 and Modbus

Hi!

I never did find the SAIA Assembler.

I am writing this to inform (for whatever it is worth) that I have since programmed the SAIA PCA2.32 to act as a slave to a DeltaV system using Modbus protocol. With this, the (MBR) Fermentation Plant at the Institute of Microbial Technology will now be controlled by the DeltaV system and the seven SAIA PCA2.32 computers. (The original programs on these SAIAs were 'lost'.)

Regards,

- Chetan Premani
Institute of Microbial Technology
Chandigarh, India

Hello guys, also my first post?

Does anybody where can I find the PCA ASSEMBLER?
I asked my local dealer but he does not have the cables or software either.

Any help very appreciated! Cheers!

My first job ever (1984-1988) was selling and programming SAIA-PCAs in Argentina. I was very familiar with SAIA-PC Assembler, PCA2.P10 (the "Soviet Calculator", no offense), PCA2.P30 (programming unit with LCD screen, keyboard and EPROM burner) and the PCA2.K43 parallel cable. Then a couple colleagues took over and formed Murten S.A. which still exists (www.murten.com.ar). I suggest you contact them, they may have a copy of the Assembler plus parts.

Best regards,

[FONT=&quot]I am an old user saia pca assembler, today I discover that persons look for it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am retired since 5 years and the program is in a drawer. I get version 1.2 for ms-dos with personal editor.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Bonjour
je vient de voir que vous etes un utilisateur de pca assembler
pourrions nous pendre contact car ceci m interresse
cordialement

Bonjour,
je vous ai déjà envoyé un mail depuis plus d'un mois avec mes coordonnées mais je sais s'il est bien arrivé à destination.
Cordialement.

Bonjour
je vient de voir que vous etes un utilisateur de pca assembler
pourrions nous pendre contact car ceci m interresse
cordialement