Retrieve user passwords from Wincc flexible project.

smf

How can i see what passwords that are set for different users in WinCC flexible in the "Runtime User administration" tab?

I have an project made for MP277 that was made for many years ago and now the customer seems to have locked their user by failing to login too many times.. Pretty stupid that that function was enabled to default so in the future i will remember to deactivate it and maybe add a function to restore the users from the memorycard but atm i don't have the possibility to transfer anything new to the panel so if there is any way to retrieve the passwords that are set for the other non-locked users that i don't have the passwords for i would be grateful.

If there is an administrator that can still access the panel, then that user can set the locked out users passwords, and remove the locked-out status.

If there is no available administrator:

1. There is a function to save and restore the passwords, but it requires to have been programmed into the application, and the save function must have been used once.

2. I suggest that you create a full pack-and-go package and send it to your customer. Remember to set the number of retries to zero (= no lock out).
Your customer can then install the project on the panel as if you downloaded it from new. After this passwords will be set to what they are in the project.

So there's no way to extract the passwords from within the Wincc project? there's no useradministration stuff on the panel so the passwords should be the same as when the machine was made ~5 years ago.

This time the pack-and-go aproach will probably be used and no lock out will always be used in the future but i really want an answer to the question because this might not be the last time i'm in this situation :)

Nope, no way to retrieve the password from the project.
And even if you did have the password, without user administration on the panel, it wouldn't help. Upon locking out the user, he's put into an unknown usergroup, means he doesn't have the correct rights anymore.

Another administrator can unlock the other users, including the locked out administrator.
That is why there should be a "manufacturer_admin", that is used for situations like this.

And even if you did have the password, without user administration on the panel, it wouldn't help. Upon locking out the user, he's put into an unknown usergroup, means he doesn't have the correct rights anymore.

It would help me, otherwise i wouldn't have asked. Trust me :) There's other still usuable users on the panel.

I am assuming you still have a copy of the project. Create your NEW passwords in it and re-download it to the panel. The Siemens default password is 100. Have you tried it?

It would help me, otherwise i wouldn't have asked. Trust me :) There's other still usuable users on the panel.

User belongs to group.
Group has specific authorisations.
When a user gets 'locked out', its group is changed from whatever has been configured to 'Unauthorized'.

Members of the group 'Unauthorized' have no authorisations and can only access items without any authorisations configured.
For all intents and purposes, it's the same as no user being logged in at all.

There are 2 ways to fix this:

-Import user administration
-Using a 'User View' and an admin user to put the 'locked out' user back in his group.

You could ofc just simply reboot the panel. It has been known to sometimes 'fix' this issue.

wincc flex password

I have a problem somewhat related to this. I upgraded from wincc flex 2005 to 2008 recently and I have a project that none of the security-enabled buttons work. I have downloaded the project several times trying different settings for users, adding new users with admin level. The button calls up another screen, but I cannot get this to work. The MP370 is not connected to a PLC dunno if that's what's wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.