PanelView Plus 600 - Blank Screen

coopdegrace

Hi All,

Just wanted to get your opinion on an issue we are having with a PanelView Plus 600.

CAT: 2711P-T6C20D8 SER A

After a period of time (few minutes or so) the screen will go blank but still illuminated and show only the cursor. Pressing the screen does not return it to its run time. Operators on site need to power cycle the screen to return to run-time.

Just wondering if anyone has seen/experienced this same issue and may have some suggestions.

I have not reloaded the run-time or updated firmware, just wanted opinions before taking the next step as I will have to travel to site to do this.

Cheers

20161115_154713.jpg

Looks like a replace display was closed.
That's something FT Studio should prohibit you from making/doing, but they let you...

OnTop (popup) displays can use a "Close" button to make them go away. You can have many OnTop display open at one time, or zero/none.
You can only have 1 Replace display open at a time, and you must have one open at all times. If you press a Close button on a Replace display, you get the empty white space behind it with no way to re-open a display.

The most likely problem I can think of is the Alarm display. New alarms can open the OnTop alarm display. If that Alarm display were change to Replace type, the operator would accidentally cause the problem by closing that (replace display). White space.

Upload/copy the MER to a PC with FTView Studio ME. Use Application Manager to restore the MER to a project.
Then check every display that is Replace type, and look for a Close button. Close button should never be on a Replace display.
Be sure to check the displays for Alarm, and Info Message and Diagnostics.

Does the runtime program show up at all? i.e. do you get to runtime, and then after a few minutes, it goes away to blank screen, or do you never get to runtime at all, it just boots up and goes straight to blank screen?

If it's the first, arlen's list of things to check are a good place to start. If it's the second, check that an initial display has been assigned in the runtime project.

Also: has this particular runtime project always done this? Was it changed recently?

Hi All,

Just wanted to get your opinion on an issue we are having with a PanelView Plus 600.

CAT: 2711P-T6C20D8 SER A

After a period of time (few minutes or so) the screen will go blank but still illuminated and show only the cursor. Pressing the screen does not return it to its run time. Operators on site need to power cycle the screen to return to run-time.

Just wondering if anyone has seen/experienced this same issue and may have some suggestions.

I have not reloaded the run-time or updated firmware, just wanted opinions before taking the next step as I will have to travel to site to do this.

Cheers

have you replaced the display? solve it?

Just to revisit this, there are 2 common issues that cause this. One has been mentioned (Close button on a replace display) and the other I have come across since. Anything that may cause the system to crash will also cause this. In my case it was trying to update the remote system date and time using a tag that was either triggering too often or for too long.

Just to revisit this, there are 2 common issues that cause this. One has been mentioned (Close button on a replace display) and the other I have come across since. Anything that may cause the system to crash will also cause this. In my case it was trying to update the remote system date and time using a tag that was either triggering too often or for too long.

I have just repaired two 2711 rdt10c (display panel view plus 1000) and after check the main PCb (there are two models: with backlight in the main pcb o without) the problem via in the pcb attached to the tft, in my case, nec tft (two models too, nec and sharp).