InOut Tags and Duplicate Destructive Bit warnings

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Got a question regarding the duplicate destructive bit warnings generated when I use InOut tags on my add-on instructions.

Most of my AOI's have an input for a global reset, or a global "e-stop OK" status. To streamline the code, I make these "required" so I can just drag the "Global_Reset" or "ESR_OK" tags straight onto each instance of the AOI.

However, I thought recently, why not make them InOut tags? This way, rather than each AOI having it's own member for these items, it just references the relevant controller tag. It also tidies up the look of the AOI a little by just having one line for each of these elements, instead of a line for the tag, and then a line for it's value (small nitpick I know, but that's just how I am :) )

The thing is that when I do that, I get a duplicate destructive bit warning, because there's an OTE setting my "Global_Reset" tag in the main routine, and then in treats each AOI as a destructive instance, even though the only references to the Global Reset inside it are XIO and XIC. If I remove the OTE outside the AOI, or make the OTE and OTL/OTU pair, no more warnings. But that seems like a bit of an ugly way to do things.

Does anyone know of a way to stop it treating the AOI's as destructive? I know I can just turn off duplicate destructive bit warnings in the settings, but I'd prefer not to do that entirely as it's useful for picking up typo's and copy/paste errors. If I could selectively turn it off for certain tags, well, that would be ideal!