Testing the HMI

bradyundt

Hi,

PLC: Simatic S7-300 CPU315-2 DP
HMI: Redlion G306

The PLC guy has already finished programming the unit but the HMI wasn't connected to the PLC because it wasn't shipped at that time. Now though the HMI has arrived, the PLC guy won't be coming until 27th.

I was wondering if there was a simple way to make sure the HMI is working. For the last couple of days i was fooling around with the software that came along with the HMI (crimson 2.0) but have gone no where.

Can someone tell me the cabling details between the RJ45 (RS485 port) of HMI and the RS485 (MPI adapter)of the PLC.
All i am trying to do is create a tag, map it to a register on PLC and then modify that register.

If any configuration is required with the PLC software then i will have to forget the whole idea because even though i sat with the guy for almost a week, i couldn't make any sense of the software he was using.

any ideas...