Converting Instruction lists from 90-30 to Rx3i

demond1984

Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading 90-30 to Rx3i, and the 90-30 has instructions lists in the program that are not supported in the Rx3i.:unsure: Any advice on what would be the best action to convert this into ladder/structured text?

Last edited:
I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that there is 100% conversion between IL and ladder in the 90-30 and that 90-30 ladder is 100% convertible to Rx3i. Could it be that your 90-30 program is in SFC?

If you can post a backup of your 90-30 project file, I can try to help.

The Rx3i does not support IL blocks. The easiest approach is to convert the IL to LD. There was a conversion utility in Versa Pro to convert between LD and IL, but that utility doesn't exist in Machine Edition. I did quick conversion of the SP_AXIS block for you (attached). Be advised that I didn't proofread it or try to download it to a PLC. The other IL block doesn't appear to be called anywhere. At any rate, it is only two lines, so it is a simple enough conversion to LD.

Steve, sorry it took a while to respond, but I really appreciate the help on this!!!!!! You were a live saver.(y)