PLC Keyence Link to PC

RoenZ

Hi all....

I want to ask about PLC Keyence about serial communication to PC.

How we can transfer data memory to PC (Visual Basic / Delphi) or vice versa ???

e.g:
If I have two sensor input from PLC ( proximity and temperature sensor) and I want to display the value from PC what step i must do ??

I've tried to send the data to PC but the PC only receive the data format like this #2....how we can convert it ???
As i know the Omron have a component to do this but i don't if the Keyence have component like this too ???

And if i send data from PC to PLC (e.g change the data memory) what procedure i must do ???

And the last thing....
What type of data for the serial communication ??? Hex,Char, or ASCII ??

Thx in advanced,

Best Regards,
RoenZ

RoenZ said:
Hi all....

I want to ask about PLC Keyence about serial communication to PC.

How we can transfer data memory to PC (Visual Basic / Delphi) or vice versa ???

In short, Yes, it can be done. I have done this but it was a long time ago. Have you looked at the Serial Communications section of the manual?

keyencecom.JPG

RoenZ said:
e.g:
If I have two sensor input from PLC ( proximity and temperature sensor) and I want to display the value from PC what step i must do ??

Have you written this value to a memory location? If so, what location and memory type?

RoenZ said:
I've tried to send the data to PC but the PC only receive the data format like this #2....how we can convert it ???

What exactly did you send the PLC? What did your command string look like? How did you send it? (VB, Hyperterminal, etc...)

RoenZ said:
As i know the Omron have a component to do this but i don't if the Keyence have component like this too ???

If you are referring to the written protocol then yes, it is outlined in the manual under the Serial Communications section. It is very similar to Omron.

If you are referring to a SCADA program then... I don't know. I've never seen one.

RoenZ said:
And if i send data from PC to PLC (e.g change the data memory) what procedure i must do ???

Please see the above picture and read the following pages in the manual. This question is too broad.

RoenZ said:
And the last thing....
What type of data for the serial communication ??? Hex,Char, or ASCII ??

keyenceData.JPG

You will send and receive 'String' data. You will need to strip off the leading and trailing characters to isolate the data you are interested in then interpret it as per the manual.

In the case of DM memory, the 'Text' in your string will represent a Decimal number.

This is what I remember. Good luck.