MPI global data (siemens)

zrawi

Hi, everyone!!
I have 4 plc's (s7-300) connected together(MPI)..
Can I, somehow, upload global data configuration from Plc's?

I simply need to add some instructions to that global data table, so that I wouldnt have to reconfigure whole MPI network..
Is it possible?

One more question:
Is it possible to upload Password protected application from plc? How?
:(

By my known the global data is stored in SDB blocks. If you upload from the station where you downloaded the global data, you must be able to take a look at it, I suppose.
The global data must also be available in the offline project. (When you have programmed it.)
You can upload an password protected program if you know the password :p , but I think that's your problem. If the plc is protected with a password I think it's pretty difficult.
Protected FB's or Fc's is no problem. There are topics at this forum about unprotecting these.

Thanx!
I haven't programmed that plc, that's the problem :) , but i need it's application..

I have to add s7-416 station to an existing MPI network. There are 4 s7-300 stations communicating with each other. s7-400 station has to communicate with one of them..
So, I need to add some global data not destroing an existing MPI GD configuration..
Can I do it?

zrawi

Let me see if I understand you correctly, There is an existing network of four S7 300 PLC's, all communicating with each other using global data on MPI. You wish to add a fifth PLC onto this network (S7 400)?

To do this you will need either the original project setup and then add your 400 to the network in netpro or you will have to setup a new project, upload each station configuration to your 'new' project, but that is where your problem lies! The PLC's are password protected and you can't upload the configuration.

I assume that you will want the S7 400 to communicate with the S7 300's, if this is the case then you will need to download the new connection to the S7 300's as well as the 400. I think you are stuffed! Unless you can get the original programmer to pass the project and password onto you.

Anyway, just for your information, global data configurations are stored in the system data folder, SDB210 is the block you require, if SDB210 is NOT present then no global data exists.

I hope I have understood you correctly

Paul

to Paul:

Acctually there is only one passw protected Plc, and I think that this Plc holds the MAIN gd configuration, because it's protected( :) )..

Original programmer doesn't want(or doesn't have anymore) to give me his project... :(

It's impossible to reconfigure whole network without knowing "main" plc's configuration and application...
So, I'm in kinda bad situation..
Help! Please..

Is there a way to monitor MPI communication, to see sent and recieved data??

zrawi said:
Acctually there is only one passw protected Plc, and I think that this Plc holds the MAIN gd configuration, because it's protected

That must mean that the 'connections' are unconfigured and the original programer used SFC67 and SFC68 (X_GET and X_PUT), That will also mean that SDB210 will not be present. You certainly need to upload the program from this PLC. Just to confirm that, if you upload a program from one of the other PLC's are there any comms blocks such as SFC65 or SFC66 (X_SEND & X_RCV)?

zrawi said:
Original programmer doesn't want(or doesn't have anymore) to give me his project...

He's a naughty boy!! You need that program or his password!

zrawi said:
Is there a way to monitor MPI communication, to see sent and recieved data

Not really, at least I don't think so!

Sorry I can't be of any more help, maybe someone else knows of a way, as I don't. This type of communications is something I have never really used, I have just experimented with once or twice.

Paul

to Plucas:

I just checked.. There are lots of SDB's in System data including SDB210 in one station, but didn't found any in other stations..
I gues it means that there is not only MPI GD communicatins, but SFC65 and SFC66 too..

There is no SFC65 or SFC66 in applications... :(

How can I view this global data? I tried several ways.. Nothing...

zrawi said:
I just checked.. There are lots of SDB's in System data including SDB210 in one station, but didn't found any in other stations..

Is that in the 'password' protected station?

If you can see this data online from the PLC that is password protected then it seems to me that this PLC is only 'write' protected not read/write. But that will still cause you a problem when you add the S7 400 onto the network, as the 'new' configuration will need to bew downloaded to this PLC.

You won't be able to view this 'global data' without going online and opening up the relevant block that contains the SFC calls.

SDB210 will contain details of the 'connections' (GD circles) not what data is being passed across.

Do you want the S7 400 to send and receive data to the other PLC's? If you don't then why bother to connect it as part of the MPI network?

In the PLC's that you can upload from are there any SFC comms blocks?

Paul

Unfortunately the SDB210 isn't in the protected station..

There is one main s7-300 station whos work depends on other three stations. s7-400 station must be one of them and send status data to main station.. :) so that the main station would know what to do..

I hope you understand what I mean + I appreciate your help..

p.s.
In the PLC's that you can upload from are there any SFC comms blocks?
No, I couldn't find any...

When SDB210 isn't in the protected station, you can upload it. And when you have done this, you don't see any communication configured in the "global data" program? For communication there is one master i believe which controls all the communications. When you want to configure Global Data communication you have to put al your plc's in one project, with the right MPI addresses so that the master knows where he has to send his data to, or recieve it from.
I am not sure if this is possible. Unfortunately, i only have one plc to test.
Good luck anyway.

Hi to all,

I tried to define global data on the netpro but i cant. Please assist me by giving the steps to define global data.I have 3 S7 300 plc cpu 315.

Many thanks,

Lovington Dela Cruz
Shell Lubricants