Alarms from more than 1 PLC

ian.smith7

Hi guys
I have a PVP6 running an ME app with short cuts to 2 PLCs.
I can only get the alarms to work from the PLC listed first in the alarm list.
Other parts of the app talk ok to both PLCs.
Can ME apps (RT v7) receive alarm signals from more than one PLC.

The 2nd PLC is also connected via a NAT. Will that make a difference?

I am considering just copying all the alarm bit registers into 1 PLC but this seems a bit Clunky.

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
I Have just read in an ME user Guide
(Rockwell Automation Publication - VIEWME-UM004N-EN-E - February 2018, P129/130) That when using Bit references for alarms a direct reference address must be used.
"1. Create an alarm trigger for the array tag. Use the Bit trigger type.
You must use a direct reference for the array tag. The tag uses the Integer
data type (16 bits per element). Append L2 to the tag’s starting address to
indicate that the trigger will monitor 2 tag elements (32 bits)"

have I misunderstood this? It cant be right surely?

The Alarms from the second PLC use HMI tags to reference the alarm bits in the PLC and this works OK in the original PVP700 HMI (RT 3.2)?

New question Old thread

Does any body know if it is possible to access the auto logout countdown value in a PVP6.
I would like to provide a countdown to auto logout on the HMI screen
cheers
Ian