The Next Stage (1746-HSTP1)

Yes, it is the CCW or Reverse direction that requires 0 or negative voltage in the range of -3.5 to -6 volts, applied to the stepper driver terminals DIR+ and DIR-. In other words, the normal voltage on these 2 terminals must be interrupted (set to 0), or reversed (DIR+ made negative with resped to DIR-).

While zero voltage (or a negative voltage) is applied to DIR+
with respect to DIR–, the drive will commutate the motor in
the counterclockwise (negative) direction...

Last edited:
Absoluteness,

From my testing,

Config, Execute, Clear (repeat for whatever you want)

So, I have the config working for the CW. Just working to figure out the CCW.

THANK YOU GUYS, You are awesome!!!!

Alright, then, is bit 10 of output word 0 set to '0' or '1'?

Hello danatomega,

Sorry for the delay.

One hell of a week of work, I have been play the stepper motor for about a day with no joy regarding the CCW.

I have attached the N7 - Integer file (Screen Shot).

N7:0 - is the config
N7:10 - Reset all to 0
N7:20 - CCW which does not work
N7:30 - CW which works

Okay, so I am a littler desperate here now as I have to get this working.

Regarding what you said: "Alright, then, is bit 10 of output word 0 set to '0' or '1'". Looking at the N file, I look like not, however I did change N7:29 to 1 and it still did not work

Thank you!!

N Numbers.png

Not sure, - maybe your configured start speed in N7:2 and run speed in N7:24 are the same [both are one], which impacts on acceleration, try change N7:24 to a higher value

I don't have the manual with me, I remembered the values I set for the first word [N7:20/N7:30] was '1' compared to yours 256/128.

Last edited:
Not sure, - maybe your configured start speed in N7:2 and run speed in N7:24 are the same [both are one], which impacts on acceleration, try change N7:24 to a higher value

I don't have the manual with me, I remembered the values I set for the first word [N7:20/N7:30] was '1' compared to yours 256/128.

Hello, sorry for the late delay.

Okay, I have tired everything.

Is there anyone that is willing to login into my computer, I have give them access view teamview. I know this is not normal but I have tried everything and I think I have progressed a lot, however this part is strange.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

the CCW does not work but everything regarding CW works.

I can offer a little bit of money as well.

Please PM me.

THANK YOU ALL

Or maybe you can post the logic here...

Of course,

Please have a look at the attached images.

This is how I execute the ladder.

1. B3:0/0 (N7:0)
  2. B3:0/1 (N7:15)
  3. B3:0/2 (N7:165)
  4. B3:0/3 (N7:180)

I engage the list in order.

The CW works perfectly but the CCW does not.

If I have missed something, please let me know!

Ladder.jpg N Numbers.png

Did you manage to look at the module input word status in the data table, - word 0 & 1 gives some feedback what is happening/error etc.

Can you go online, trigger your CCW operation, save the program, close it, zip and attach it here. [Sorry, that image you posted is not helping much]

My RS500 Ver is 8.1. I think no issue to open a lower version, but not anything higher.

Regards

Did you manage to look at the module input word status in the data table, - word 0 & 1 gives some feedback what is happening/error etc.

Can you go online, trigger your CCW operation, save the program, close it, zip and attach it here. [Sorry, that image you posted is not helping much]

My RS500 Ver is 8.1. I think no issue to open a lower version, but not anything higher.

Regards

Hello chavak,

First of all, thank you very much!

I have version version, 8.10.00 (CPR 9).

I have also attached the file and I really appricate your support.

I can also setup a remote session using: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Please let me know,

Thank you once again.

HI,

Sorry for the late reply, busy weekend.

In your code [input data table] the feedback status bits says the motor is running CCW [I:1/1], so I guess there is an output pulse train from the module, but some how there is no movement on the motor. Please verify your wiring.

To verify your CCW portion of your stepper driver card is working fine, you may swop the CW and CCW pairs of output from HSTP1 to the driver. That is, you may swop at the HSTP1 - swop pin 2 & 3 pair with pin 4 & 5 pair and issue a 'CW' move and see, does the CW works fine as it usually do. Then try a CCW move.

The Position is valid bit[I:1/10] is on now, supposed to be 0, maybe it could be, you are trying out a jog after a power up [I mean without out performing a homing, or preset position operation]. So may be can be ignore it.

Regards

HI,

Sorry for the late reply, busy weekend.

In your code [input data table] the feedback status bits says the motor is running CCW [I:1/1], so I guess there is an output pulse train from the module, but some how there is no movement on the motor. Please verify your wiring.

To verify your CCW portion of your stepper driver card is working fine, you may swop the CW and CCW pairs of output from HSTP1 to the driver. That is, you may swop at the HSTP1 - swop pin 2 & 3 pair with pin 4 & 5 pair and issue a 'CW' move and see, does the CW works fine as it usually do. Then try a CCW move.

The Position is valid bit[I:1/10] is on now, supposed to be 0, maybe it could be, you are trying out a jog after a power up [I mean without out performing a homing, or preset position operation]. So may be can be ignore it.

Regards

Hello chavak,

Please do not apologies. Okay, I am going to go through it.