Need help with Click program

Reviewed

Lancie, Program looks very doable thanks. Emphasizes the KISS approach LOL in which I'm here for. Writing the program now and making a test board.
BTW The extra up limit sw x004 was a precaution in case x003 failed.

Rung 3 question Lancie1 REV

I was thinking of adding a redundant "Safety" limit sw for the down position in case of Limit Sw Down X005 failure.
Insert between Y002 output in series with Down contactor coil.

Oh, I just saw this. Rung 3. If I understand it,in a normal Off / Closed state Y001 and X002 are closed. Power would be available to X006 then. One could pass their hand / object in front of the sensor cause the gate to open.

Thoughts?

Need a review and advice

I can't seem to come up with a good solution to keep Rung 4 low once gate is closed.
Would this be a counter or register type of event?

Should X005 be manually manipulated it would start the closing sequence over.
I'm depending on X005 to stop the sequence. Maybe an additional LS like on the UP cycle?
Any thoughts ?
The advice and support has been greatly appreciated by this 60 yr old WV electrician.

Should X005 be manually manipulated it would start the closing sequence over.
Yes, and for just about any normal industrial circuit, if you mess with the control switches or there is a switch failure, it will not work correctly.

You have crippled your Photo Sensor in Rung 5 by making it dependent on the X005 Limit Switch. Why should the action of the photo sensor depend in any way on the Down Limit Switch? You need rethink this, or talk to someone about this goofy rung. The photo sensor should serve as a backup for the limit switch, but not if you make it in any way dependent on the limit switch.

Number 10,000 is my last post, so please find someone else to help you with this. I have been hanging around here too long already!

Last edited:
WOW 10k posts! How in the world did you ever have time? But glad you did.
The rung 5 was to lock out the Photo Sensor. I only wanted it active during the closing of the gate. Thus sensing if an auto was passing through while the gate ( a vertical arm if you will) was coming down. Then causing it to open .
Once satisfied and nothing obstructing the PhSen, the gate closes ,down limit opens and disables the Ph Sens.
Design before had the Ph Sens enabled all the time. If one passed in front of it, it would've opened the gate.
At the time I didn't think of it as goofy.
Will search for other inputs. But many thanks for yours.

WOW 10k posts! How in the world did you ever have time? But glad you did.
The rung 5 was to lock out the Photo Sensor. I only wanted it active during the closing of the gate. Thus sensing if an auto was passing through while the gate ( a vertical arm if you will) was coming down. Then causing it to open .
Once satisfied and nothing obstructing the PhSen, the gate closes ,down limit opens and disables the Ph Sens.
Design before had the Ph Sens enabled all the time. If one passed in front of it, it would've opened the gate.
At the time I didn't think of it as goofy.
Will search for other inputs. But many thanks for yours.

I haven't looked at the logic, but just looking at the comments.......

As I understand your program, you only want the PhSens to detect a vehicle/object if the gate is moving down, correct? Then, why not use the "gate down" output to activate the PhSens instead of the limit switch?

Your right! One of those " why didn't I think of that" . I revised my program and have it attached on another post. enable- disable or something like that.
I forgot now why I had the down limit as part of the ph sensor rung. Rung 6.
I revised and have the down y002 contactor output NO in series with the PH sensor now.
All for eliminating inputs.
Thanks for looking and your reply.
Regards,
Greg