RSLinx Yellow Symbol

robw53

Hi,

I have just setup another computer with studio 5000 on our network. The issue I have now is that when I use the Eth driver and enter the IP address of the device, it picks it up and recognises the device type and also the project name in the program, but the device shows yellow and won't allow me to connect with studio. At first I thought it was the EDS files but I have installed version 30.01 and even tried uploading the EDS from the device, but I get the message that I have newer EDS files installed.

I remember back in 2014 when the other PC was installed on the network, that the IT guy at the time had to go into CMD and do something with the NIC to let it see devices on different VLANS etc, but can't think exactly what he did. I believe that what he did then, allowed me to see the devices.

Anybody got any ideas as to what this might have been?

Regards

Rob

From memory I know when he had CMD open I had to enter all the different subnets I wanted to be able to see from the PC.

I believe this may have been the routing table that we configured, would this cause the issue of not seeing the device properly?

I'm not at work so can't even look at the other PC to check it.

Last edited: