Siemens S7 300/400 software

chandrapaul

hi,
i can work with v4 step7 microwin software. i want to learn s7 300 & 400. what is the software name of Siemens S7 300/400 PLC and is there any free or trial version available for practicing?

please help...
thanks

Hi chandrapaul...

You can get Step 7 Lite from Siemens for free from:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...-sp4-available-for-downloading?dti=0&lc=en-WW

You will need to register with Siemens first in order to download. The Lite version has limited abilities compared to the full versions, what those limitations are exactly, I'm not sure off the top of my head.

If you want to learn more about S7-300/400, there's plenty of good stuff on the net and especially youtube. Believe me, I've learnt a lot myself, I've needed to as our plant is about 90% Siemens 300/400. In order to help pass on stuff I've learnt, I've started a blog and you can follow in the link below. There's not much there at the moment, but it will grow over time.

thanks for your reply. the STEP 7 Lite V3.0 incl. SP4 software is for the siemens s7 300/400 programming? is there any simulator to run the program?

Hi chandrapaul...

You can get Step 7 Lite from Siemens for free from:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...-sp4-available-for-downloading?dti=0&lc=en-WW

You will need to register with Siemens first in order to download. The Lite version has limited abilities compared to the full versions, what those limitations are exactly, I'm not sure off the top of my head.

If you want to learn more about S7-300/400, there's plenty of good stuff on the net and especially youtube. Believe me, I've learnt a lot myself, I've needed to as our plant is about 90% Siemens 300/400. In order to help pass on stuff I've learnt, I've started a blog and you can follow in the link below. There's not much there at the moment, but it will grow over time.

I'm not sure on what is and is not included in the lite version, you'll have to check the link I sent for full details.

The trial version of Step 7 v13 is available here. I think it lasts for 21 days, fully featured. If you download the Professional version, it will work with S7300/400, and I believe it includes the simulator. You'll need to register, and pass some sort of export approval before you'll be able to download it though.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/106448872