RPM Display using AB Micro820

jmaty23

I am looking to detect the RPM/speed of a conveyor belt using a Micro820 processor and a magnetic sensor.

The magnetic sensor would pickup the teeth of a timing sprocket which would be connected to a digital input on the 820 processor.

My question is, how would I program the Micro820 to read the DI and display the RPM/speed on the HMI??

I have been messing around with Connect Components Workbench to try and figure it out for the past 2 days with no success. This is my first project with CCW.

I am using this hardware because we already had it available to use.

Any ideas?

Thanks, I did search RPM in the forum but could not seem to find anything to assist me. This will get me going. From the post that you linked to, it lists the use of a one-shot relay in the ladder logic. I am used to using this in RSLOGIX but do you know if this function is available in Connected Components Workbench? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I am in the same boat as BCS. (no pun intended) never used CCW. But in the old processors you had to make your own ONE SHOT. You could do this by first Resetting the bit. Then the next rung use logic to set bit.

------------------------------(U)

---||-------------------------(L)

This would allow Latch to be true for only one scan.

So any Logic you need to be solved from Latch would be placed below the Latch and the following Rungs.