Log and retrieve data using PanelView Plus

Acano

Hi everyone,

I'm building an application using a PanelView Plus 1000, there are some tag values that are adjusted manually by the operator during runtime, I need those values to be stored so in case of a power failure or shut down the data can still available. I know I can log data in a data log file and use an external CF card and also that the data files can be converted later into Excel format, but is there a way to retrive the last logged values of this data directly from the data log file during runtime? Any help would be appreciated.

if the panel view is changing tag values in the PLC, and then reading the new value, any power outage of the panelview would not effect the last tag value stored in the PLC. or are you considering an outage on the PLC as well?

Myles said:
if the panel view is changing tag values in the PLC, and then reading the new value, any power outage of the panelview would not effect the last tag value stored in the PLC. or are you considering an outage on the PLC as well?
Hi Myles, the data is going to be stored in recipes, the recipe data is the one I need to retrieve in case of a PanelView Outage, thanks

Panelview Plus has a build in recipe function.
You can store all parameters there. Since you are using a 1000 it will look good (the build in app has a tendency to look a bit crappy on smaller displays, fields, etc).

The function is called "Recipe Plus" , there's good tutorial and application example on the aB site.

If you are doing recipe storage in the PLC, then you have to save the values in the PLC so in case of a power outage you can reload the current values on power up. You have to do a bit of code to make it work though.

Last edited:
bkottaras said:
Panelview Plus has a build in recipe function.
You can store all parameters there. Since you are using a 1000 it will look good (the build in app has a tendency to look a bit crappy on smaller displays, fields, etc).

The function is called "Recipe Plus" , there's good tutorial and application example on the aB site.

If you are doing recipe storage in the PLC, then you have to save the values in the PLC so in case of a power outage you can reload the current values on power up. You have to do a bit of code to make it work though.
Thanks bkottaras, Recipe Plus sounds like the solution to my problem.