Addressing modes for output module in control logix 5000

kbn_120184

Hi
i am converting plc5 program to control logix 5000 can any one suggest me how to do address output module .as we use bits in plc5 and words in control logix . And what else problem we can face while upgrading plc 5 to control logix 5000 .
Thank u

There is a good Rockwell Automation Reference Manual that describes the conversion of PLC-5 projects to ControlLogix, focusing on the Conversion Utility that comes with RSLogix 5000.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm085_-en-p.pdf

The exact conversion of the original I/O address to your new system depends on the connection method of the original I/O (local, extended local, RIO, ControlNet) and whether you have migrated to a new network or a new platform for the new system.

The are addresed according to there rack position and some other info as follows:
Local:<RackSlotNo.>:I.data.<IO no.> - input
Local:<RackSlotNo.>:O.data.<IO No> - output