Allen Bradley SLC 503 Program Upload

qwemx

Tried to communicate with the CPU and then replaced the Battery because the battery was dead.

Does this mean that because the battery is dead and now replaced there is no program in the CPU .

My goal is to upload the program from CPU to the PC, how to proceed. Please see the pictures for the details.

It is showing Password protected?

8d0470c8-dad9-47cc-946a-71f86fa0ace4.jpg 078e8355-0502-4213-a9f1-74d328db8ae9.jpg 355c029e-44de-419f-bfdb-edfc2458c26a.jpg

Attachments

• 81f8f4b6-523c-4463-a9ee-ad2cf2859322.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 16
Last edited:
Well... Battery dead usually means that it has lost program, even if not error in NV Ram usually means program corrupted, and if it requires a password I think you are up the proverbial creek. Normally if you don not have the source file you upload to a new file. I have seen many 503 where the program gets corrupted even if the battery is ok. I used to solve this by fitting an Eprom.

Well... Battery dead usually means that it has lost program, even if not error in NV Ram usually means program corrupted, and if it requires a password I think you are up the proverbial creek. Normally if you don not have the source file you upload to a new file. I have seen many 503 where the program gets corrupted even if the battery is ok. I used to solve this by fitting an Eprom.

How do i upload to a new file, I am new to allen bradley so I dont know how to proceed.

I have a source file as backup.

20190819_123636.jpg

To test for password protection, try to open your offline backup file and see if it asks for a password.
In your first picture, select create new file and attempt to go online with the PLC.

To test for password protection, try to open your offline backup file and see if it asks for a password.
In your first picture, select create new file and attempt to go online with the PLC.

Yes asking for a Password

If you don't have the password, you'll have to contact the customer or original programmer/machine builder for it.
Also, and FYI and not that you would but password cracks are not discussed on the forum.

Unless I miss my guess that SLC has a memory module inside it.

>>
Allen-Bradley 1747-M11 SLC 500 Flash Memory Module EEPROM 32K for SLC 5/03, 5/04, 5/05
>>

Is the machine working the way it is supposed to?
Poet.

The CPU already do have an EPROM. It is the grey thing labelled 1747-M11 next to the green capacitor.

You positively found that the error code was #1 for NVRAM error ?
If so, it is odd that the program has not been loaded from the EPROM.
It could be because the EPROM was never programmed, or it could be because the original programmer didnt set the bit S:1/10 "Load Memory Module on Memory Error Bit" in the program that was loaded onto the EPROM.

I would upload the program to a new empty project. And i would then investigate S:1/10 in the uploaded program.