1794-aentr / stratix 2000 comm

matatata

Hello

We are having communication problems when we lose power. As you can see on the picture we have 1794-AENTR connected to STRATIX 2000 which is connected to the PLC, when we lose power and when we get it back again, communication with 1794-AENTR in plc cabinet works normally, but comms with 1794-AENTR in remote doesnt work, i have to recycle power to 1794-AENTR and sometimes unplug/plug ethernet cable to get comms back. I connected to their webpages and went through all tabs, their configuration is identical. During normal work, we have no communication problems only during blackouts/power loses to remote.

Only thing i noticed that 1794-AENTR in remote has

2 Conn Closes
2 FCS Errors

While one in PLC cabinet has

0 Conn Closes
0 FCS Errors

nRMO3pv.png

Last edited:
Have you tried another module to see if the module itself is the problem?

so, i've tried to connect the cable between 1794-aentr and stratix to next 1794-aentr inline and that can help to start the communication again(without turning power off / on). i tried few times to move that cable between 1794-aentrs and i have a feeling that connector may not be connected good

I've had an issue with one 1734 AENTR were the socket was bad. Not sure if it was something someone had messed up at some point but I put a new adapter in and it was good to go.