3rg9014-0ka00 AS INTERFACE

Bly52

Morning plc people
I have a 3rg9014-0ka00 AS-INTERFACE connected to
Siemens s5 plc. The interface is suspected faulty.I
i have a replacement unit but don't know and cannot find any
documentation on how to address the replacement for the asi
bus.
Any ideas or knowledge would be most helpful.

T.I.A
Bly52

Apparently this is an obsolete unit, I have found a link to it's successor but the Siemens website is not easy to negotiate. I think you will need an ASI programmer to set the address, I have used one from IFM many times but not sure if it is compatible. Here is the link for the latest version.
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/6007819/as-interface-user-module-s45?dti=0&lc=en-WW
I have had plenty of experience with ASI on a system that contained over 400 ASI valves & 100 sensors, If this module is just an ASI interface & not an extender any ASI programmer should be able to set the address, also many PLC ASI control modules have the capability of automatic address setting.
providing the faulty module is the only module in fault, (shown on ASI interface as steady number address) by fitting an un programmed module i.e. default address = 0 then the ASI interface can automatically re-address it. (well this is on Mitsubishi hardware). I think this is a standard feature.
On the Q series replacing an ASI node that is by default 0, then put the ASI controller card into program mode, it will scan all addresses that have been programmed and if it has one missing say address 12, and finds one that is 0 it will set the address to 12. I'm not sure about Siemens hardware, but this worked on Mitsi. Note: should the master module report more than one faulty or missing module it could set the address wrongly. I once went to our system and someone had replaced a module without programming it. Not sure what he did but he ended up re-addressing a number of nodes wrongly, he claimed he only replaced the faulty one so not sure what he did.