PowerFlex 525 -- SLC 5/05 -- EEM Instruction

You can't set all 3 speed references in the drive to the same source.

Do you have Connected Components Workbench software to configure the drive? It's a free download.

Last edited:
Re: picture attachments.

I generally save them to a folder as *.PNG format, then use the Attach Files feature in the Additional Options pane.

You'll have to browse to each picture, then Upload, then Close that dialog window.

In general if you're logged in as a user, attached files that are pictures will show up without you having to also add them to your post.

When you're not logged in as a user, or if the file is a ZIP file, you have to click on the attached file link to download or open it.

I think that this forum uses a different markup language than Reddit or Imgur, so direct links to Imgur just open that album, rather than showing the picture inline.

Ok picture now uploaded, thank you.

padees, I've tried every combination of P047,49,51. Same "No Access" result everytime. My last attempt was to make them all the same. I do have CCW so I'll give that a try.

I don't have a PowerFlex 525 handy to test this on.

If you get the chance, manually trigger that MSG Write to N41:0-2 with just one precondition bit, and check the Error value carefully. I think you said it's 0x0F = 15.

This is how I would write the logic: a periodic timer to trigger the Write N42:0-2, and an on-demand MSG to write the Timeout.

PF525_MSG.PNG

I'm so bloody embarrassed I didn't want to reply with what I found but I will anyways. I fat fingered the first MSG instruction, offsetting the write source in the PLC by one word, so I was writing '0' into the Timeout register. I'm terribly sorry but extremely grateful for all the help.

Posting the details of our mistakes is one of the best things we do on this Forum; thanks for doing so !

I screw up offsets and overlaps *all the time*. Graph paper and patience are my shield and sword.

Hi Maximuse, i v read that post and i've some probleme to communicate Slc 5/05 and PowerFlex 525. Can you if you can post your last printscreen when you setup correctly the msg instruction. it's seen to be very hard for me at this time. the 3 world you send for speed reference