Citect Display trends not displaying in super genie after upgrade

Big_Noz

I have upgraded Citect from 5.4 to 7.4 following the upgrade path, the program compiles and runs fine but a super genie that displays 3 trends will not now display the trends. i am using setpen and assinfo to get the tag the tags are displaying values fine just not in the trend. added a sleep(2) but that just stopped the function running.

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply but all environment variables are empty in both versions, I am using the fx below to set the pens am I just missing something with the code?
IF StrToInt(PageInfo(7)) =0 THEN
TrnSetPen(25, 1, Assinfo(1,0));
TrnSetPen(25, 2, AssInfo(2,0));
END

This might not be relevant , but any changes to trends can cause some problem with the history files.
I have had this problem , and you need to delete all the files in the data folder.
In Citect explorer , go
View - Data Folder
and delete all the trend history there.

Also check the trend tag name includes cluster context. either by coding or by inheriting. the compiler can miss cluster context as there are many ways to set up the clustering. (Cluster.Tagname)

Since you are using PageInfo i assume you are calling the function using a Cicode object on the page.
Unfortunately you can't do this anymore as TrnSetPen is a blocking function, also just a FYI Sleep is a blocking function as well and will not work being called from a foreground task as well. To confirm this is the issue you should be able to see an alarm on the hardware alarm page along the lines of Foreground cicode cannot block.

You will need to create a function to call the page and assign the trend pens using TrnSetPen

Thanks andrewf, I was calling the trnsetpen using a cicode object, wrote a cicode function to call it when the popup was opened and worked fine. This had been really bugging me for ages had put a button on the popup to load the pens manually ! I think I was happier running windows xp all this upgrading has aged me.

Hello, some of you can help he with a example of the trend? I need make a Genie with a trend embebbed for 3 tags and don´t have get it yet.