Save VFD Parameters in Studio 5000 Logix Designer

aiki202

Can someone please explain where the parameters for a VFD, for example a PowerFlex 525, are saved when you use Studio 5000 Logix Designer through the I/O tree and open an instance of Drive Executive from the Drive tab?

You can see and edit all parameters and of course perform an Upload. Where is this data actually saved? I would assume it is embedded in the .ACD file because no other files appear to be generated?

If I Upload the parameters in this way and the VFD fails I would also assume you can perform a download of the parameters to the replacement VFD?

I'm Not 100% sure where they save, but yes, in the drive tab when you open the drive in the I/O tree, depending on what version your using, there is an ADC option which will automatically load the parameters to the new drive if it is replaced. You would just have to set the IP address in the new drive if you manually assign IP addresses to your devices.

I thought that they were always saved in the drive (which is obvious) and then stored in the SD card of the processor ONLY when you manually store them there, which is a special function you have to intentionally do, and can only be done when the processor is in program mode.

ADC has nothing to do with DHCP. It will work with static.

There are really two parts, the parameters and the firmware. The parameters saved are only the non default. The drive knows which parameters are default, so if you made no changes, nothing gets saved. If I'm wrong on this in sure someone will slap me. For the firmware to work the revision must match exactly, or it won't work.

I wanted to close the loop on this question...

I investigated an .L5K file from a Studio 5000 program in which I saved PF 525 parameters. Within each VFD module section there is a data section called "ExtendedProp" which appears to contain a contiguous list of comma separated values of all VFD parameters.

All of the VFD parameters appear to be embedded right in the .ACD project file. This also appears to include all parameters, not just non-default assignments.

I keep saying 'appears' because I am still not 100% sure. :)