Factory Talk View ME Alternate Keypad??

mjp123gp

Does anyone know if there's an alternate numeric keypad that can be used in Factory Talk Studio ME? Or any free ActiveX keypads? I don't really like the look of the default black/blue numeric entry box but can't find anything else and I don't know anything about programming ActiveX controls. One of our machines has a custom ActiveX control numeric keypad and keyboard that the OEM created that looks really good but it has their company name on it and they won't allow it to be reused.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! I didn't realize that feature was added to v9. Not exactly what I was looking for but that's definitely better than the blue/black keypad.

I didn't know about that new feature, Garry ! Thanks for posting the link.

If it makes you feel any better, the on-screen keypad in my preferred HMI (Indusoft Web Studio) is almost as bad, especially when you use it on a large screen, with jagged icons and blocky font.

And there's no easy way to launch the Windows on-screen keyboard from IWS.

I just had an HMI delivered with Wonderware InTouch 2014R2... ugh, another ugly keypad.

So it's not just Rockwell... it seems that on-screen keypads are a blind spot for most HMI packages.

Can the keyboard’s appearance also be changed by tag or parameter within a FTView runtime, or maybe even just within the project? It’s cumbersome color-coordinating back and forth and any replacement panels would also have to be individually set up.