Factorytalk View SE and PLC5

jrowe4

I’m having some difficulties getting a new FTVSE network distributed application communicating to a PLC5/40b with an ethernet side card.

My controllgix chassis has two enbt modules

1. 192.168.190.10 ( for use with enterprise networks)
2. 192.168.1.10 (for use with internal plc coms)

My FTVSE servers are installed on the .190 network. I have a thin client on the line connecting to the .190 network to display my hmi application. Several tags in my app need to communicate to a PLC5 that is on the .1 network. Application uses hmi tags ( was an old review app). I am trying to navigate through the backplane of my system through the .1 enbt module, but no plcs show up under the card. This is through the factorytalk Linx data path section of SE (for picking the topics that relate to tags).

I tried adding a plc5/40 by right clicking on the ethernet drive for the .1 card and adding my plc5 IP address. It finally displays, but I can’t actually use this as a data path. When I start the app, all my tag links are shaded out as if no connection.

What am I doing wrong? If I open rslinx or factorytalk Linx standalone, I can see the plc5 as well. I am not sure if ftvse is comparable with the plc5, or if I am not following the proper method to acomplish this.

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks all.