1756-IR12 unresponsive to RTD or resistor

chavak

We had a new installation with Control Logix L81 which uses 2 of the 1756-IR12. Using Studio 5K Ver.30

We are facing no readings at the terminal of both the cards. It is connected with 100 Ohm PT385 RTD's [2 wire]. There is no fault displayed at the card, but the channels report a fault, with the underrange triggered true as well. The data is showing -200 Deg C, which is the lowest of the cards range. I think the card is not getting the field device into it. Tried with terminal B and C of each channel, link with and without a jumper as well, no difference

Contacted the Rockwell Tech connect as well as the local tech support, the problem still persists. Tech support advice to connect a 100 ohm resistor and see it reads 0 Deg C, tried that, but no response as well. Now the local tech support had bought back one of the card to their lab for testing. Anyway I have put up an order for a new card, as the project can't wait.

I noticed there are a 2 rows of 7 pin pairs on the card's PCB [as in the image below], which do not have any jumpers on it, can anyone please help to verify, is it suppose to have a jumper on it or left it open. Or any other advice for me to solve this issue.

Thank You
Best Regards

IR12.jpg

The spare card I ordered arrived, tested - working fine, without any change in connection or configuration.

So it was a pair of bad cards, my luck * 2

So, the pins I doubted do not need any jumpers on it. Nothing to do with that.

Regards

We ordered that same module for a project.

I'm preparing my remap section, so I was wondering.

Ch[x].Data
REAL Indicates channel data in ohms or Temperature.
Any positive or negative value. Determined by how you set the scaling parameters on the
channel.

So, will I be reading ohms or temperature? I cannot find a place where I can do the switch in the config, so I'm expecting temperature.

Since it's a REAL, Ch[x].Data should be the exact value in temperature right out from the box?