A-B panelview firmware upgrade

ahortor

does anyone know where I can get the firmware to upgrade PV550's. I have some that do not support scrolling text, and need to find out if I can upgrade the firmware or need to replace the panelviews.

Thanks

With the PanelView 550, it's possible that the terminals are too old to support firmware upgrades. About two years worth of the early production in 1993-1994 used a memory chip that was too small to hold later firmware footprints.

If the terminals are version 3.0 or later firmware, they support both flash firmware updates and PCMCIA ATA Flash memory cards, so performing an upgrade is particularly simple. Version 2.x firmware will require some different tools.

Post more information about the terminals (either off the label on the back or from the configuration screens) and folks can tell you more.

PanelView firmware is included on the PanelBuilder32 CD and is available for download. It's always a good idea to have a support contract when you're looking for upgrades and enhancements.

I have the firmware upgrade utility, when you open it it asks for the firmware file source location. It doesn't show any files. Do you need to have the PB32 CD in when you do this?

I will have to check the panelview versions tommorrow (about 15 panelviews).

Thanks for the help

There are two directories of firmware upgrade files on the PanelBuilder32 CD. One is for upgrades that will be performed over a network, and the other for upgrades that will be performed using a memory card.

If you don't have the PanelBuilder32 CD, I think you'll have to download the entire software package (or obtain just the files for your terminals from Technical Support).