Permanent magnet synchrone motor

Jeff23spl

Hello

I'm wondering if their is so many synchrone permanent magnet motor manufacturer like Emerson Dyneo (LSRPM etc)

Can someone know another brand doing it than Emerson ?

I'm just being told that Emerson improved it to a unique level with special magnet to permit high rpm 3600 and above
but i would like to verrify if someone else have infos about other brands doing it also ?

By the way it is suppose to work only with their own VFD drive....? Any other feedback on this kind of products....?

It is possible that you are talking about a Swtiched Reluctance motor. There are few manufacturers of this technology but it seems there are a few features that may make them advantageous in some applications.

The Emerson division site is:
http://www.srdrives.com/

It is possible that you are talking about a Swtiched Reluctance motor. There are few manufacturers of this technology but it seems there are a few features that may make them advantageous in some applications.

The Emerson division site is:
http://www.srdrives.com/

i heard these words but it is more this product:

http://dyneo.leroy-somer.com/en/technologie.php

For 50-500HP ...Not servo control

the info about max rpm is because some of them are suppose to have glued magned on the rotor that fall out when it run too fast with centrifugal energy (info from emerson)

Last edited:
So you are looking for two-pole synchronous AC motors.

I think Reliance has a line of synchronous AC motors. You may want to contact Powertec. They are more brushless servo but they may have a synchronous AC line.

Keith

i'm not looking to find any specific motor, i just would like to compare what other company can offer to compete against this new technologie that Emerson is actually proposing to sell to us for supplying our customer.

(LSRPM motor and fitted unidrive or powerdrive)

Actually i heard they are alone with this technologie and i have hard time believing it completly. I understand that it is something new and advanced but usually when a compagny found something, it takes less than 2-3 years to get competition in the same sheme...

The technologie is like the reluctance SRdrives but for general application replacing ordinary motor:
a multi poles kind of DC motor with a multi pole permanent magnet rotor working with a closed loop AC drive (encoder or reluctance feedback) (3 wires connection) Motor can go from few rpm to 5500 with a linear torque curve
Effeciency 2% higher than premium asynchrone, is also linear from 10% of speed to full speed vs asynchrone motor that get efficiency droping very quickly after 75% of the speed. Caused by no heat or current generated in the rotor as energy lost like we experience with a normal moter coupled to a normal AC drive....

at the end we should expect a better energy saving than only installing an AC drive to reduce speed of a variable loaded motor....

Last edited: