Low Cost Panel PC's ?

Rob S.

I like the RS View Studio , but I don't like paying the high price of Panelview Plus HMI's. What I would like to do
is purchase a low cost , if any such thing , Panel PC , and purchase a RS View ME 15 Display runtime. Do any of you know of any good low priced Panel PC's . I was looking at Maple Systems , but a little bit of a cost.

Thanks again,

Have you looked into Red Lion HMI's? I really like them and the price is way better than the Panelview. Plus the Software is free.

As a comparison I just purchased a Red Lion Graphite G09 for $1,797.00. My last Panelview +600 was $2,007.00.

Last edited:
We use Advantech's touchscreen PPC family of computers.

There are many cheaper ones on the market, and we've used IEI in the past, but Advantech gives us the right compromise between computing power, ruggedness, and long-term availability.

PanelView Plus is fantastic for ruggedness and long-term availability. If I could buy them without FTView ME so I could run Indusoft's CE client on them, I would.

Advantech, Stealth, ACNodes, and many others all have panel PC's. I used to use them, but have since become wiser, and split to a mini or micro fanless PC, and a separate touch screen. Much more reliable.

I agree with rdrast. Separating the IPC from the screen is definitely a good idea. From our experience we have found Fan-less solid-state drive IPC to be very reliable. Its always the screen that fails.