FTView Studio ME v10 - goto display button change color

jumpier

Hi to every body,

i'm newbe to FTV Studio; i need to know (and if is possibile how) change the color of a goto display button object. For istance: i drawing a new blue goto display button that go to page named "TEST" with number "123". When the system tag pview_statustag (that contained the page number) will be equal to "123", the button will be change the color to green. Is possible do this? Thank so mouch for any suggestion!!!

Bye bye Jumpier

I just have multiple buttons of whatever color i want behind each other, and use the visibility function to display the one I want.

In the properties go to the connections, then make and expression for the color you want when true.

This On the right side you have Tag and Exprn, Click on the *** under Exprn and make you expression.

GO TO.PNG

Last edited:
Yes, but that won't help the OP dynamically change the colour of the button. Only the target display, and its X and Y coordinates.

You could try colour animation of the button. Right click on the button and point to animation>colour. You can use an expression or a tag in there, and define several different colour schemes. Foreground colour is the colour of the text, and background colour is the colour of the button itself.

Disclaimer - I've not actually tried this on a button, it may be that buttons don't support colour animation. If that's the case, use a multistate indicator and a transparent button overlaid. So your multistate indicator changes colour exactly how you want, and then an transparent button over the top does the actual display calling.

yes that is another way of doing the same thing a different way. Just right click on the button and click on visibility and the color tab and you will make it there.

Did you try ASF's transparent button idea? That sounds cleaner than my suggestion especially if you have a lot of buttons or colors to display.

hi to every body,

When the system tag pview_statustag (that contained the page number) will be equal to "123", the button will be change the color to green. is possible do this?

No

Delete Goto Button on page 123 and replace it with a panel object. Make the Panel object match your Goto Button and then place a text object on top of the panel object to duplicate your label. Make the panel object green.

Even if you use global objects for your buttons, delete the Goto on screen 123 and replace with Panel Object. You do not want a Goto button that will open the same screen the button is mapped to because you'll get a diagnostic error. "Screen already open"

Yeah, thought that might end up being your only option. IMO a multistate indicator is better than a panel for the visible part of the "button" because it's much more flexible and configurable than a panel, which leaves you stuck with colour animation again.

If you want multiple colors on different screens then the Multi-State Indicator is the best choice.

If you only want to remove the go to button on it's screen to eliminate the Diagnostic error possibility then a panel would be my choice.

It's only there to fill the hole left by removing the go to button. It requires no tag or expression.