OT Google Trick

rdrast

Lifetime Supporting Member
As I saw it come up in a resurrected thread, I thought I'd mention here how to use Google search to search the boards here (and, on any forum).

Most of you probably know about this tool, but for those that don't, it can be helpful.

Here is an example to copy into the Google search box:

Code:
site:www.plctalk.net/qanda/ traffic light

Google looks at the first part as a command:
Code:
site:

Then it looks at the address following that, so it knows where to search.
Code:
www.plctalk.net/qanda/

Follow that with a space, and your search terms as with "traffic light" above.

I think you all might know this one:

siemens s7-1200 filetype:pdf

Tells Google to find only PDF files with the text.

Excellent Tip! This will be very useful for Web Sites that have dismal Search Engines. Including AB/Rockwell.

Stu....

It can also be the other way around. Also the advanced options further narrow down the search. The wording of your search helps expand or narrow it also.

untitled.jpg

I think you all might know this one:

siemens s7-1200 filetype:pdf

Tells Google to find only PDF files with the text.

Didn't know that, thanks. And I like the way the forum turned ":p" into a smiley face! But I get it "filetype:pDF"

P.S. I clicked "Disable smilies in text" so it wouldn't happen again.