Cimplicity HMI ethernet to Micrologix 1100 problem

jeffdc54

I have used Cimplicity HMI 6.1 talking ethernet to a SLC 5/05. However, I cannot seem to get it to talk ethernet to a micrologix 1100. Has anyone done this? If so, what do I have to do differently to talk to the micro than what I did to talk to the SLC? I changed the station number to point to the micrologix but that did not work. I do know that the micrologix 1100 is capable of talking ethernetIP, but I would think it can still talk using standard AB-ETH, I can sure see it in the who window in linx with both AB-ETH and ETHIP.

The MicroLogix 1100 uses only EtherNet/IP encapsulation protocol; it does not support the older proprietary Allen-Bradley "Client/Server Protocol".

There is a lot of overlap between the "Ethernet Devices" and the "EtherNet/IP" driver in RSLinx classic. I doubt such overlap exists in the Cimplicity driver set.