Sina_Pos problems

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear All

I have a project with an Siemens S200 CPU controlling 2 S110 Serverdrives

I am using the Sina_Pos telegram and have everything working except the Absolute positioning using mode 2, I have tried everything I can think of but it will not fire.

Right now I have the Mode: 3, 5 and 7 working, but can't seem to get the mode 1 and 2 firering.

Any good advice ?

Thanks
/Holmux

Sina_Pos.png

For an absolute move , your axis needs to be homed.
You sure you did that?

Do you get an error?
I don't see your velocity setpoint on the screenshot..looks like a 0

Last edited:
Hi JRW

Thanks for your reply.

In the screen shot the velocity is zero, my mistake I have tried all combinations I could think of.

I have mode a Homing true the mode 7, and it works well.

My actual position is 0 and I need to go down to position -4000 and back up to 0
If I have understood the manual correct, the drive will take the shortest way to the position and I don't need to set the direction, but what do i do the with velocity, do I set that to Minus ? or positive whit negative direction ?

/Holmux

If I go to mode 2 (with axis homed)
For homing- I just did a mode 5 - set reference point... then ExecuteMode bit

Now I can do an absolute move to -4000 using mode 2

Don't forget to toggle the ExecuteMode bit

There was some older test code in another program block, that was trying to shift to mode 5.

Once I got that cleared everything was working great.

I had another challenge, when I go to my minus position the unit is pressing against a plane with some spring tension for about 1 second, before I return to 0 position, when I used relative mode I never got the Position OK bit, bot when using mode 2 it works.

I never really got the full understanding of the Fly bit and when to use it, do you have a hint?

/Holmux