Live program

wsmith308

I just added a CV and a Pressure transmitter to an existing program. I added a new PID so that the PT would control the valve. for some reason after landing the points and downloading the updated program the pressure transmitter will not show PV in the PID. it reads in the field and shows a 4 to 20mA loop but shows no value on the PID. Anyone got an idea of what I did wrong?

Could it simply be the 4-20mA is wired backwards to the PLC?

If the measured current is under 4mA, or negative, the PLC will display the 4mA value.

Conversely, as I found out before, if the reported signal is always the 20mA value then the input is probably set to volts, not mA.

So we don't know what brand or model of PLC. So a few guesses.
The channel that the PT is connected to is not enabled.
It is enabled, but it is not configured for mA input.
Have you confirmed you have a signal at the input module?

Check the scaling tab of your PID setup window. That one has bitten me a few times - even if all the values are correct, and you don't need to change any, you still have to go in there and do something so that the PID will initialise and start calculating values

I am getting a 4 to 20 mA signal back to the processor. It is also reading an average back to the HMI. It is not inputting the PV nor am I getting an output to my CV.

Go to the rung with the PID, add a rung in online edit. On that rung put an OTE "Yep_Its_Getting_Scanned" bit, accept and test. - if the routine with the PID is not being scanned this bit won't come on.

If it does come on then edit the line to MOV the input value to a new DINT, and see if that DINT reflects the current change.