A/B 1500P Info

toddp65

We have an Allen Bradley 1500P HMI on one of our machines.

Is my understanding correct that it's like an IPC or PC based HMI.

How would one go about getting the program from it? I generally keep backups of all of our PLC and HMI programs but I'm at a loss with this one because I don't have any experience with them.

Thanks!

I believe they tend to have at least one SD slot and several USB slots, so you could copy the program from the unit to a flash drive or SD card of your own. Unless the program is actually running from the SD slot, in which case you'll be limited to copying it to a thumb drive.

Thx--

I'm guessing you'd have to find a way to enter the configuration mode and then to file management, like regular panel View plus?

Versaview 1500p info

The 1500p is just a windows PC in AB's own industrial housing. try to plug a keyboard in and you should be able to navigate round like any standard windows PC, unless it is some other odd ball configuration, or they have locked it down. you can then copy files to a USB pen drive / external HD, or map a network drive to copy files to.
Alternatively take a ghost image / clone of the HD to write to a spare.

Depends how its been setup. We simply use them to display SCADA pages on IE hosted from a central server, so minimal install and setup required. all mods done on the central server, but if it has FTVIEW SE installed for eg. then it will use that to display your interface and you will need to do the mods in the relevant software. it could be any display software tho, not just FTView because it is just a windows PC.

Thanks--I guess I'll have to poke round with keyboard then to discover what it's using.

The Plc is a CompactLogix L32 so I'm hoping it was designed in Factory Talk--then again I believe I only have machine edition.