service edition prevails over professional edition

ramzy2277

Hi all,

I installed RSLOGIX 5000 V20 ( Service Edition ), on my laptop, found out that this edition is for review only, u cant create/edit programs.

so i uninstalled it and installed professional edition v20.03, but after installation,i found out the rslogix 5000 still service edition, and wont upgrade to the professional edition.

i am still in the grace period.

please help ,how to get rid of the service edition and run the proffesional edition instead.

does this has to do with the hard disk serial number during the first time installation, that Rockwell saved it for the service edition?

Can you roll your PC back in time? I would try and restore your PC to the latest update, hopefully before your install then you should be able to just load Pro version

It might not be the installation itself, a lot of times one installation is for multiple editions of a program.

It might be looking at the license and if that is for the service edition any installation would look at that. Go to Factory Talk Activation Manager and see which licenses show up, if it shows service & professional then rehost the service license.

It might not be the installation itself, a lot of times one installation is for multiple editions of a program.

It might be looking at the license and if that is for the service edition any installation would look at that. Go to Factory Talk Activation Manager and see which licenses show up, if it shows service & professional then rehost the service license.

checked the FT activation manager, nothing is shown,

i have studio 5000 currently on grace period.

i uninstalled RS5000 both service and pro editions,

but everytime i re-install rslogix 5000 pro edition, i end up having service edition when i click on help and about section, it still shows service edition and i almost everything is greyed out.

any suggestions other than restoring pc to previous point,
i am runing on win10 pro

checked the FT activation manager, nothing is shown,
i have studio 5000 currently on grace period.

Do you have any licence for Logix5000?
Did you ever have a licence for Logix5000?

You can install as much software as you like, it will only run what is licensed on your computer.

If you had a licence there before, have you deleted it in error, or has the path changed?

Do you have any licence for Logix5000?
Did you ever have a licence for Logix5000?

You can install as much software as you like, it will only run what is licensed on your computer.

If you had a licence there before, have you deleted it in error, or has the path changed?

i am using a new laptop,

never installed rslogix5000 on it before. with or without license,

the first rslogix 5000 installed was v20 service edition,

i didnt notice the edition during the installation,

then uninstalled it and installed v20.03 professional edition.

but rslogix5000 it keep having the service edition, no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall different edition of v20.

i dont have a license for neither of them so.

running on grace period.

what shall i do to be able to have v20 professional edition in place of the v20 service edition?

thx

It sounds like Factory Talk Activation Manager created a Service Edition Grace Period license.

Uninstalling & reinstalling will not do anything to that license.

Maybe a complete uninstall of all Rockwell software, then delete any license on the computer might let you get a new grace period license - maybe.

I think this is a lot of work for a 7 day license though, after that the program won't open until properly activated. And on a grace period license you can't update firmware on a PLC.

Just install the license for the Pro and it should just work.

This is because the install is the same and which version shows up depend on the license. If you don't have the license I'm not even sure uninstalling and reinstall would even work unless you can do a really good uninstall job.