Communtion data block. Tia Portal

Jonathan358

Ok I'm still new to this, the main programer of the plant sent me this for my project. Didn't want to feel stupid and ask for more help. He gave me this to add to my program for IT to communicate with the PLC just not sure how to set it all up.

This is what he said. "What you need to do now is create a communication DB.

With the following :

·New data available

·Scanner data

·Scale data

The communication itself needs to be as followed :

When there is new valid data read from the scanner and the scale data is also available.

Put this data in the communication DB in the right position.

Then set the first bit “new data available” to “TRUE” or in case if you use an integer to “1”

Then IT will see this and will read the data of the scanner and the scale. When data has been read ,IT will set the bit “new data available” to “FALSE” or “0” again.

Let me know when this is finished + send me the latest version then, so I can see which DB you used, to give this to IT."