Bit Level Addressing

schuma01

I am currently using Micrologix 1100 connected to my pc using RSLinx Lite. I need to file data from Keyence IL series lasers using DL-EP1 module. I have communication and have put together my ladder but keep on getting the error, Address mus be specified to the Bit level. I am sure everyone has heard this before but I am not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Can you take a screen capture of error and the line that it is complaining about?

That may mean that you have used XIC with a word specification instead of a bit specification.

Example:
I:0 O:0/0
---] [-----------------------------( )-----

The XIC is specifing world 0 of inputs. The correct convention is:
I:0/0 O:0/0
---] [-----------------------------( )-----

Inputs word 0/bit0 (or whatever word/bit is correct for you).

To expand on what g.mc stated above..
I haven't used those lasers, but the other Keyence products I've used only transfer data in words.
If that's true, then let's say you're receiving a word N10:0, which has a fault status in bit 0 and producing status in bit 1. You would have to address the fault status in the logic as N10:0/0 and the producing status as N10:0/1.
If you try to do a XIC or XIO instruction with the entire word N10:0 you'll get the error you described.