Problem with Allen Bradley MMI Panel View PV 400

neerajpuranik

I have a machine supplied with Allen Bradley PLC ( Micrologix 1200 ) & MMI PV 400. This MMI has numeric keypad to enter numeric values. We are commissioning the machine. It has been observed that half of the numeric keypad is working & other half is not working i.e. Keys 0,2,3,6,9 are working properly while Keys 1,4,5,7,8 are not working at all.
When we open the MMI screen there are two connectors. I checked them for any loose contact but they seems intact.
Has anyone ever come across such problem or suggest anything to me.
Regards,

Replace the whole PanelView unit or send it out for repair. It's obviously defective. To prove it, swap it with a "known good" unit and see if the problem still exists. (I doubt it will.)

GOOD NEWS: It may still be under warranty.

My guess is that the PanelView has a bad internal connection for certain rows or columns of membrane switches. But if you take it apart yourself, you will probably void the warranty.