Micrologix 1100 can't comminucate with Panelview Plus 600 through ethernet

plemonse

I'm trying to program a Panelview Plus 600 for a Micrologix 1100 using ethernet. I have set the PLC address to 10.188.13.60 and the Panelview to 10.188.13.61. When I use RS Linx to see if its communicating through a ethernet switch I show the Micrologix but nothing for the Panelview. I'm not sure if my problem lies in the communication network of my application for RS View.

I added a device for the ethernet as Micrologix 1100-LEC as 10.188.13.60 and another device for ethernet use as Panelview Plus 600 with an IP of 10.188.13.61. I then copy local into runtime and then create a runtime application. But once I run my .mer file in the panelview it shows errors all over the screen, where it should have status messages.

I've tried many different ways, but with no success. I still think the problem is in the RS View comminucation, but don't know why.

Any help would be GREAT.

Last edited:
Are you able to "ping" the PanelView? If not then you need to confirm the PanelView address is in fact set to the correct address.
When connected to the network can you see the PanelView in the local tab in RSLinx Enterprise while browsing? If not you could try deleting the Ethernet driver and adding it back in again.

I agree with rstech; the PanelView Plus terminal IP address is set in the terminal properties, not by the configuration in RSLinx Enterprise.

Use the menu navigation on the terminal itself to bring up the IP address setting screen and either use DHCP or the static settings to set the address of the terminal.