FactoryTalk ME Alarm issue

Hey guys,

I kinda have a weird issue with my factorytalk HMI. Here's the situation:

I have 2 operator stations running FT HMI side by side each with their own CPU.
Both .SED files should be the same.
We have a pump that pumps down a tank at a certain level
The pump has an indicator that monitors the amp draw
The pump auto shuts off at 10 inches
The alarm set points for the pump when running is Low at 6.8 and high at 9.8
When the pump shuts off at 10 inches, the program has a MOV instruction to auto set the low amp alarm to -10 so that it isn't in alarm when off.
Our alarm is set up to where it will blink red on the indication that is in alarm. Even if it goes out of alarm, it will continue to flash grey until the operator acknowledges the alarm
When the pumps shuts off, one operator station alarms at low amps even though it is out of alarm. It also shows up in the alarm history
The other operator HMI doesn't do this. It doesn't alarm or show up in the alarm history which is what we want bc the pump is shutting off normally.
Both alarms are setup the same as far as I can tell
Any ideas? Why would one station see an alarm but not the other? They are both look at the same controller.

Sorry, it is site edition. I'm still learning this program. Not sure about the update time. Where would find that at? I did ask our contact programmer about the alarm issue and he couldn't think of anything either.

Still sounds like an update rate issue, but it is being caused by a rat-race situation. You have no way of guaranteeing exactly what an HMI sees, and when it sees it.

Let's take an extreme situation:

1) You stop the motor, and when it is stopped MOV -10 into the LowAlarm Value (What processor by the way? Analog Module Timing could also come into play). Your processor has a 35 mSec scan time.
2) HMI_A is polling at 10 minutes. The last time it checked the alarm state was 5 minutes ago, the motor was running, and drawing power, so okay. 5 minutes from now, HMI_A will check the state again, and see the the current monitor isn't in alarm, since -10 is well below the motors zero load.
3) HMI_B is polling at 10mSec. The last time it checked the alarm state was 5mSec ago, the motor was running, and drawing power, so it was okay. 5mSec from now, the motor has been turned off, and may or may not be showing 0 current. Even if it is, the -10 may or may not have actually gotten to the LoLo value of the analog module's alarm values.

Sorry, got tied up. Here is the code. Le_4ab is the tank. Looks like it MOV's at 10.1 inches. They are using the amp draw above .5 amps to show the pump on (IN_133A). Not sure what's going on in rung 5.

1449549642447-1644821197.jpg

I really can't read that from the screenshot... er, you do know that just hitting the "PrtScr" (Print Screen) key will take a snapshot of your display, right? And ALT+PrtScr will take a snap of only the active window. If you use MicroSoft OneDrive, the shots will automagically be dumped to a Pictures\Screenshots folder on OneDrive.

Anyway, I do seem to see a timer in the rung that sets the lower alarm level to -10, Still making me think that one HMI is updating faster than the other, maybe due to the communications path or routing?
The slower HMI would not show the problem, but the faster one would.