Simple data selection and reports

I've got what I think should be something simple that i'm trying to accomplish but isn't turning out to be so simple.

I have a "recipe" for a part that contains 11 columns of data in a .csv file that was created using a Maple Systems HMI5121XL. Part Name / MagTime / DemagTime / OutputType / etc......

I have customers that are fine with the ability to run 50 parts and then I have customers that want to store 1,000 part combinations. Seems pretty simple on a Maple, but when I try to do this in a AB PanelView Plus 7 it doesn't seem so easy anymore.

If I use the active X recipe control it creates a file for every part and then limits me to 255 files. If I use recipe plus then I can't edit the files very easily without view studio.

There's got to be an easier way to accomplish simple recipes/database selection and control that i'm not seeing. The ultimate goal is to get the database out of the plc so it's easier to backup and edit and give me the flexibility to run hundreds of part setups. FYI, we're running with a micrologix 1400.

I've used indusoft in the past and I could almost do whatever I wanted with that software and i'm starting to think I should give them a look for this company instead of allen bradley.

Anyone have any better ways or ideas to have a parts database that I can select from on a HMI to run with a micrologix and be able to do some basic reports with?