WinCC Flex 2008 upgrade problems.

jdf

WinCC Flex 2008 upgrade.

Hi All,

I have just upgrade WinCC 2007 Advanced to 2008 Advanced and serviced packed it with SP1, as this came with the upgrade pack. All looked good until I got home and had to dial back into site.

First off I could not connect over wireless or hard ware to my hub. It was reporting no IP address assigned. I manually put it the IP config and disabled everything I could see in task manager that belonged to Siemens then got a connection. Using WatchGuard Mobile VPN I was then able to establish a connection to site.

With a good connection showing on the VPN I was unable to connected to anything on site using DameWare or NetSupport Control.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar problems and if so if they have found a fix?

Thank you in advance.

Jon

Up date

Hi All,

After playing with the above problem all day I have given up. I uninstalled the software and full VPN access was returned.

I have logged a report with Siemens. If they come back with anything I will post it here.

If you are using WatchGuard VPN beware that if you up grade to WinCC 2008 Advanced things may never be the same again!

Jon