AB micro 1400 remote programming

roburn1

Haven't had to do this before.
Can anyone tell me the procedure to setup remote programming of a micrologix 1400 with RSlogix500 micro. PLC unit is installed in another country (PNG). Will soon have a broadband router at the PLC end with static IP address.

The right way to do this is to buy a VPN appliance, I use the Sonicwall TZ100 almost exclusively. Then you just connect to it and you're on the same network as the 1400. You could just use port forwarding from the broadband router to the PLC but that isn't very secure.

I will second that advice. We use sonicwall products here and they are real good and have great support.

We use TZ200 series for what you speak of and sonicwall has a option where a sonicwall engineer will help you setup everthing by remote for a 250.00 Fee if you need that kind of help.

We use tofino units also http://www.tofinosecurity.com/products/Video-The-Tofino-Industrial-Security -Solution

They are easy to setup and are made for control systems and industrial enviroments. They are din rail maount and hardened for the plant floor where the sonic wall is not.

We use tofino units in the cabinets and sonicwalls for Zone control in the various wiring closets / rooms.

From watching the video, the Tofino unit provides security. Does it also have remote access capability or is it just for security? How do you use it?